Attractive terraced village in the Minervois region , built around a XIVth century
castle overlooking the Canal and the Aude river.
About 5 km from the village the Wine and Vine Museum in Lesignan-Corbieres is well
worth a visit.
In Port Occitanie an up to 10 tonnes boat levage service is at your disposal.
Leaving Argens-Minervois, you sail on a canal's section called "the great reservoir"
a 54 kilometres long pond , suspended on hillsides 30 metres above sea level witht
not one lock to pass. At the end of the pond is the village of Paraza. Do stop at
the Repudre canal
bridge. An amazing structure dating from the XVIIth century with an eleven
metre arch spanning the Repudre torrent. An unforgetable cruise before arriving
at the seven locks of Fonserannes, upstream from Beziers.
Where to eat :
- On the cana's banks at Madame Davane
- In Roubia, 3 km away at the " table de Jarnes"
To visit and see :
- The XVIIth century Château of Paraza
- The wine cellar of Lézignan Corbières,
- Exibition in the Gilbert 's house in Lézignan-Corbières,
- The Château de Fontarèchein Canet d'Aude : Pierre Mignard's residence
under Louis XIV's reign.